EAT2GO is presented in the market as a tool available to professionals and owners of restaurants and shops with home delivery and take away services, to find suppliers and learn about their solutions, with tools to help and advise them on how to grow their businesses with food-to-go, creating brand loyalty among their customers. It will also be of interest to traditional restaurants wanting to boost their turnover by adding a home delivery option to the menu as an additional sales channel capable of increasing turnover by 25 por ciento to 40 por ciento, right from the word “go”. Visitors and exhibitors at the show will consist of restaurants, food delivery services, take-away shops, hotel-catering and food service, food-to-go chains and franchises, convenience stores and in-store, retail and distribution, bakeries & sandwich shops… All these professionals will be there to benefit from the solutions, products, services and advice available at EAT2GO.
EAT2GO will be divided into four main blocks:
1. The exhibition, with three main areas:
- Food & drink products: an entire range of pre-cooked and processed dishes, sandwiches and snacks, juices, smoothies, dairy products, fresh products, soups, sauces and preparations, cafés and solubles, ready meals,….
- Take-away & delivery services: order platforms, apps, delivery vehicles and equipment, delivery technologies, packaging and containers,…
- Equipment: OCS, kitchen equipment, refrigeration, vending machines, dispensing, furniture,...
2. KNOW HOW!!: a space for training and advice for entrepreneurs wanting to steer their businesses toward this channel, with top speakers, lectures, debates,…
3. FOOD TRENDS: an area for discovering and presenting F2G market innovations, and the venue of the "INNOVATION EAT2GO AWARDS".
4. STREET FOOD MARKET: show cooking and demonstrations to highlight F2G culinary opportunities and market trends.
EAT2GO, organised by IFEMA, will take place at Feria de Madrid, from 18 to 20 October to coincide with the fourth edition of the International Vending Trade Show, VENDIBÉRICA 2017. Both will share Hall 4, while FRUIT ATTRACTION, the world’s second most important fresh fruit and vegetable trade fair, will run in neighbouring halls.
This initiative responds to a new market situation, for a sector that is growing faster in Spain than in our neighbouring country due to changes in consumption habits, and which strives for quality, variety, convenience and fast service. It is the restaurant that goes to the customers’ home.
It caters for a young consumer profile, which consuming more and more, although Sundays and evening meals are still when most food is ordered for home delivery (72 por ciento), with an average spend of 22 euros and a delivery time of 45 minutes; 50 per cent of orders are placed by mobile and the rest by computer, and Chinese, Italian and Turkish are the most popular cuisines, while Japanese has grown the most. In 2016, Spain spent €1,930 million on fast food.
IFEMA has already started marketing EAT2GO, at www.eat2go.ifema. and 28 May is the first deadline for those companies wanting to take part in this new project.
EAT2GO is timed to coincide with VENDIBÉRICA, the International Vending Fair, an event, which after four editions, has become established as southern Europe’s leading show for the vending industry and a meeting place for all those involved in catering and consumption outside the home. It is a massive draw for professional visitors, and extremely attractive for the FOOD & beverage, coffee & OCS and sweet & snacks channel.
The fact that FRUIT ATTRACTION, the world’s second most important trade fair for the fruit and vegetable sector, will take place at the same time, is beneficial to both EAT2GO and VENDIBÉRICA. FRUIT ATTRACTION will attract 1,500 exhibitors and around 60,000 visitors, and showcases healthy, fresh, high-quality products. For the same reason, MEAT ATTRACTION, a new initiative from IFEMA for the meat industry, also featuring high quality products, will be of interest to everyone at EAT2GO and VENDIBÉRICA and will give extra drive to the meeting.