The section, organised by FITUR and FEDELE and launched in 2021, and which is focused on sustainability in 2024, is a catalyst for language tourism at the International Tourism Trade Fair
FITUR Lingua 2024, co-organised by FEDELE, the Federation of Spanish as a Foreign Language Schools, and FITUR, has a large number of activities both at the Federation's stand and in the spaces of regions and collaborators.
Since its inception in 2021, FITUR Lingua has been a catalyst for the expansion of language tourism in Spain, highlighting the collaboration between FITUR and FEDELE (the Spanish Federation of Associations of Spanish Schools for Foreigners). This year, and within the framework of the International Tourism Fair organised by IFEMA MADRID from 24 to 28 January, Fitur Lingua 2024 will be present under the slogan 'Language Tourism = Sustainable Tourism' with a proposal focused on the economic, social, cultural and environmental sustainability of language tourism, highlighting its positive impact on cities and companies.
FITUR Lingua 2024, co-organised by FEDELE, the Federation of Schools offering Spanish as a Foreign Language, and FITUR, has a large number of activities both at the Federation's stand and in the spaces occupied by regions and collaborators.
One of the highlighted activities will be the programme of conferences, round table discussions and interviews taking place on Friday 26 January from 10:30 in Hall 10, which will last for four hours and include the following blocks:
Block 1: Economic Sustainability (60 minutes)
- Presentation by Cristina Gallach, special commissioner for the Alliance for the New Economy of Language.
- Presentation of language tourism and preliminary data from the FEDELE 2023 sectoral report.
- Interview by Pablo Conde, Director of Industrial Technology and Professional Services at ICEX with the economic advisors of ICEX in China and India, Ernesto Negredo and Vicente Gomis, respectively.
Block 2: Tourism Sustainability (45 minutes)
- Presentation on the profile of the language tourist in Spain.
- Round table on the regional commitment to language tourism with representatives from the presidency of the Autonomous Community of La Rioja.
Block 3: Social and Cultural Sustainability (75 minutes)
- Interview with Álvaro García Santa-Cecilia, deputy academic director of the Instituto Cervantes on the role of this institution in the dissemination of Spanish culture and language.
- Round table on the promotion of Spain through teaching materials with the participation of publishing house Editoriales ELE.
- Interview with Sonsoles Florez from Quirón Salud on ELE students and their interaction with other language tourism industry players.
Block 4: Socially Responsible Schools (30 minutes)
Interview on the promotion of sustainable tourism with Isabel Alonso from Turespaña.
FEDELE invites all collaborating entities, regions and media to actively participate in FITUR Lingua 2024, contributing to the dialogue on language tourism and its sustainable impact. Admission is free but with limited capacity.
FEDELE Media Contacts:
Daniel Escalona, Marketing director of FEDELE (email@example.com)
Francisco Gutiérrez, Head of new technologies and applications at FEDELE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
+34 952 56 18 37