General news header Mobile general news header
29 September 2022

ALDEFE, Association of Refrigerated Farms, Logistics and Distribution of Spain participates in Fruit Attraction

Reading time
2 min.
News sections

ALDEFE is formed by individual companies dedicated to the freezing, preservation, transport and distribution of perishable products at controlled temperature and by the Asociación Frigorífica de Cataluña, having its headquarters in Madrid.

ALDEFE is the new name adopted by the former Asociación Nacional de Explotaciones Frigoríficas de España, founded in 1977 under Law 19/1977 of April 1, 1977, to represent and defend the professional interests of companies engaged in cold storage, logistics and distribution activities, in line with the trends of other European associations and to better contemplate the activities of its members.

At present, it brings together around 74 companies of the sector with a total refrigeration capacity of about 3,200,000 m3, of which 70 percent are of negative temperature and the remaining 30 percent of positive temperature. The freezing tunnels have a capacity of about 1,200 Tm./24/h. and the production of ice, both traditional and in cubes or flakes, is around 1,500 Tm./day.

ALDEFE is a member of different Ministerial Committees and Sub-Committees and Working Groups of different ministries, currently standing out the Sub-Committee for the Transport of Perishable Goods or the Committee for the Modification of the RD on Refrigerated Installations.

In the social field, it negotiates the Collective Agreement on Industrial Refrigeration at state level. It also develops and offers different training programs through the Industrial Refrigeration Joint Commission of the Tripartite Foundation, and different actions for the Prevention of Occupational Risks through the Foundation for the Prevention of Occupational Risks. At national level it belongs to the Spanish Confederation of Business Organizations (CEOE) and at international level it belongs to the European Cold Storage and Logistics Association (ECSLA), based in Brussels, and with voice before the European Commission, where it holds one of the Vice-Presidencies within the Board of Directors, as well as to the International Institute of Refrigeration (IIF) based in Paris.

Stand 6A00C.