The Spanish Pastry Business Confederation (CEEAP) announces the third edition of the Student Pastry Championship, which aims to promote quality professional training as an essential strategic factor for the sector’s future. The event will take place on 21st February at InterSICOP (19th-22nd February 2022), organised by IFEMA MADRID.
A new feature at this edition is that CEEAP has limited the number of participating schools to ten because the competition will be held on a single day. The contestants (one for each school) will have just eight hours to prepare and present two cakes, nine mille-feuilles (with a puff pastry base and two layers of filling) and two chocolate cakes with a minimum of three different components. The jury, whose members will be Raúl Bernal, Maties Miralles, Paco Somoza, José Manuel Samper, Lluís Costa and Joan Baixas, will assess the preparations considering parameters such as flavour, texture, appearance and cleanliness in work.
The participating schools are:
- ITEPPA (Asturias) – Isaac García
- IES Asturica Augusta (Astorga, León) – Hector Martínez
- IES Andrés de Vandelvira AB (Albacete) – María Navarro
- L’Atelier Barcelona (Barcelona) – Adrià Aguilera
- Gremio Mestres Sucrers de València (Valencia) – Luis Vicent
- Escuela de Hostelería y Turismo Simone Ortega (Móstoles, Madrid) – Noelia Boale
- IES Josep Sureda i Blanes (Mallorca) – Lorena Moya
- CETECE (Palencia) – Olmo Vergara
- Escuela Hostelería y Turismo de Alcalá de Henares (Alcalá de Henares, Madrid) – Jorge García
- Estudios Superiores Abiertos de Hostelería (Zaragoza) – Manuel Tirado