A total of 11 bakers, from Cantabria, Castile and León, Andalusia, Madrid and Catalonia, will compete in the 3rd National Championship of Artisan Bakeries, which will take place during INTERSICOP, the International Bakery, Pastry, Ice-cream and Coffee Show, organised by IFEMA and held from 23 to 26 February 2019 at Feria de Madrid. This represents an increase in the number of competitors with respect to last year, when Juan Antonio Pérez from the bakery La Moderna, in Las Navas del Marqués (Ávila), beat seven other candidates to the title.
The 11 competitors will have eight hours in which to complete three tests (bread, baked goods and an artistic piece based on the idea ‘Aspect, monument, building or image that represents your region’) for this year’s competition, organised by CEOPPAN (the Spanish Confederation of Bakeries, Patisseries and Cake Shops) in the search for bakers worthy of joining the National Selection of Artisan Bakeries (‘Los Espigas’).
The candidates are:
· Ana Fiorella Rosales Gutiérrez (Santander)
· Bernardo Rodríguez (Zaragoza)
· Daniel Flecha Sánchez (León)
· David Llamas González (Málaga)
· Francisco Cuadrado Pérez (Almería)
· Franklin Pariñas Amesquita (Madrid)
· Javier Cocheteux de la Fuente (Madrid)
· José Antonio Cerpa Porta (Cádiz)
· Miguel Ángel Ortega Ibáñez (Granada)
· Pablo Silva Rivera (Barcelona)
· Víctor San Millán García (Palencia)