Leading, world-renowned pastry chefs will come together at the next edition of InterSICOP, International Bakery, Pastry, Ice Cream, Coffee and Equipment Show organised by IFEMA MADRID from 19th to 22nd February 2022, to talk about trends and share their knowledge and experience. Like the rest of the programme, these sessions will be free of charge.
Attendees at the pastry technical seminars will have the opportunity to learn about the vision of Miquel Guarro, head pastry chef at Hofmann Barcelona, and the chocolates that Raúl Bernal prepares in Lapaca, his unclassifiable establishment in Huesca. And the business philosophy of La Luciérnaga, a natural, vegan and gluten-free bakery that the Argentinean Lucila Canero opened in 2021 in Castelldefels, Barcelona, and all the details of Norte by Sara Ruiz, the new business project of this EPGB teacher.
Other chefs taking part in the show will be Ester Roelas, with a successful training classroom in Badalona, who will show her mastery of tartlets, and Eric Ortuño, a two-time winner of the Dulcypas Award for Best Petit Fours in Spain, who will show the potential of this product. Ingrid Serra Nilsson will discuss the creative challenges in pastry and confectionery. Josep Maria Ribé, director of the Barcelona Chocolate Academy, will talk about plant-based pastries, one of the major trends in the sector. Jacob Torreblanca will demonstrate creative ways with cream for pastries, and José Manuel Samper will give a talk on Fusion Flavour.
Saturday, 19th February
- Miquel Guarro - Pastry According to Miquel Guarro (16:00 - 17:00)
- Ester Roelas - Tartlets: a Natural Way With an Evergreen Classic (17:15 - 18:15)
Sunday, 20th February
- Raúl Bernal - Lapaca’s Chocolates (10:30 - 11:30)
- José Manuel Samper - Fusion Flavour (11:45 - 12:45)
- Saray Ruiz -Norte (North) by Saray Ruiz (13:00 - 14:00)
- Josep Maria Ribé – Plant-Based (16:00 – 17:00)
- Jacob Torreblanca - Cream at the Service of Pastry Art (17:15 - 18:15)
Monday, 21st February
- Lucila Canero - La Luciérnaga: A Natural, Plant-Based & Gluten-Free Bakery Suitable for Everyone (10:30 - 11:30)
- Eric Ortuño - Petits Fours, From Tradition to Innovation (11:45 - 12:45)
- Ingrid Serra Nilsson - Creative Challenges in Pastry & Confectionery (13:00 - 14:00)