About María Lafuente
For MARÍA LAFUENTE, art, culture, innovation, traditions, poetry, nature and music are intense expressions of the soul that she fuses to claim a committed lifestyle. Each of his creations are born from a dialogue between the individual and the universal, thus expressing his passion, in order to bring out the best in us, inspiring us to make small and wise decisions to create lasting changes. María Lafuente is an international benchmark for sustainable fashion. Its collections are the result of a dialogue with nature, they are aimed at innovating while protecting the environment. They highlight the urgent need to create, produce and consume in a truly conscious and responsible way. Awarded in various parts of the world and being the first designer to speak and show her work at the highest level International Forum at the UN (HLPF), with the first PEFC certified collection of sustainable fabrics. In this logic comes its collaboration with the association "Lal la buya". Project aimed at dignifying the lives of women. A non-profit association, formed by women at risk of social exclusion, with difficulties to enter the labor market. Likewise, María Lafuente's DNA reflects humanistic values from its beginnings and is a clear example of some of its latest collections:
- Fah-Pratan collection A/W 20 makes Thai handcrafted silk, wool felt from Xalda sheep and PEFC-certified fabrics visible. All this with the empowerment of women in the rural world. In addition, this collection is a pioneer in including a down dance show with the company of Elías Lafuente.
- Dríade S/S 19 collection, protector of the forests, as it makes the support and social integration of transsexual women socially visible.
- Sorority collection A/W 19 fellowship among women.
The latest alchemy collection features persilk innovation through the AEG innovation school in San Sebastián and with the participation of APRAMP (Association for the reintegration and care of prostituted women)
Asiduous since 2006 in the Madrid Fashion Week (Fashion Week Madrid), and various catwalks in more than 20 countries. Also with proven experience in creating corporate identities, such as the Spanish Olympic Committee and Paradores de España, among others. Realization of costumes for series, cinema, television and musical shows. She has been pre-nominated at the Oscars as Costume Director for the film Chicas Paranoicas, directed by Pedro del Santo. Currently directing the costumes in a popular science series Territorio Gravidad directed by Nacho Chueca. Simultaneously it also develops innovation projects for sport. In addition to various solidarity projects with different actions, including: Woman's Week Foundation and MADWOMAN being a member of the committee of both foundations, AACC, Red Cross, Alzheimer's, Harambee, Down Syndrome, Autism, Baas greyhound, smilesKCNQ2, help the people Saharawi, Women victims of gender violence, rare diseases (San Filippo), RFSS (Royal Federation of Rescue and First Aid), Sandra Ibarra Foundation, CÁRITAS, San Vicente de Paul Foundation (against excision). When one speaks of María Lafuente one speaks of a pioneering designer:
- The first women's collection made with recycled fabrics from plastic bottles and fishing nets.
- The first dress with potato starch.
- The first carbon fiber dress.
- The first dress and accessories with honey.
- The first collection to stream the parade in collaboration with Google glass, always innovating.
- The first PEFC certified collection with Textil Santanderina.
- The first collection of sustainable wool so that transhumance does not disappear.
- The first glass dress made in the Royal Glass Factory of Granja Segovia.
- First urban parade with Red Code 149 is the collection that makes visible the species in danger of extinction in Huelva, having the lynx as an image.
- First advertisement for National Geographic in collaboration with SIGNUS with the use of recycled tires.
The spirit of INEFABLE is materialized in organic patterns, moulage and architectural architectural patterns with different volumes.
The colors: pink, aubergine, nude, peach, turquoise green, purple, gray, navy blue and black. navy blue and black.
Fabrics: PEFC-certified tencel from Textil Santanderina, tulle and sequins. Accessories TIRE-X certified SIGNUS, tire and other materials. Craftsmanship in various pieces.
Jewelry by Kiros Paris, a brand with headquarters in Madrid and more offices in France, Spain, Hong Kong and India.
Ursula Garcia, make up artist and creative director of makeup for Maria Lafuente, highlights the attitudinal factor of the INEFFABLE concept.