The fashion spectacle will take place from 12 to 17 September 2023 at IFEMA MADRID and in selected venues in the city
The latest Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid was presented at a press conference this morning. The presentation of the 78th edition of the event, which took place in the framework of Madrid Fashion Week, also launched the Madrid es Moda programme by ACME. Both events are organised in collaboration with Madrid Town Council.
It took place in the unique surroundings of the Four Seasons Hotel, the official hotel for this edition of MBFWMadrid. It was attended by the mayor of Madrid, José Luis Martínez-Almeida, Juan Arrizabalaga, general manager of IFEMA MADRID, and Modesto Lomba, president of ACME.
Keys to the 78th edition of MBFWMadrid
- MBFWMadrid will take place from 12 to 17 September. On 12 and 13 September, there will be ten “Fashion Shows in the City”, extending the official calendar of events by one day.
- Twenty-one creators will show in Hall 14.1 at IFEMA MADRID to make up the great Mercedes-Benz fashion week from 14 to 17 September. Last but not least, ten emerging design talents will take over the catwalk on Sunday with Allianz EGO. The latter will open with the fashions of Tíscar Espadas from Ubeda, winner of the Allianz EGO Confidence in Fashion award, in February this year. Also, a designer from the Mercedes-Benz catwalk in Prague will be responsible for closing Sunday's shows as part of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Talent Exchange programme.
- All in all, the official Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid lineup will feature 41 creators who will reveal their 2024 Spring/Summer women's, men’s and genderless collections at what has become an unmissable extravaganza of Spanish fashion.
- The new faces at this edition are Cordoba designer Andrew Pocrid and the firm Simorra. At the same time, YnesSuelves, a creator with a big personality, is back after his successful debut on our runway in 2022.
- The firm MANS, created by Jaime Álvarez, born in Seville and winner of Who’s on Next 2020, will also show at IFEMA MADRID.
- Barcelona designer Teresa Helbig will return to MBFWMadrid after being recognised with the National Fashion Design Award 2023.
- To bring the world of the catwalks closer to society, and given the good results achieved in the tests at the last edition, the number of seats available for sale in the grandstand of the fashion show hall has been increased.
- In February 2023, almost 95% of the tickets available to the public were sold. This reinforced the idea that there is great interest in the world of fashion and fashion shows in our country. In addition, new products have been devised to offer an experience beyond what it means to attend a fashion show. This will be a dream come true for fashion fans, who will feel like real-life celebrities for the day.
- Prizes. The following awards will be presented to the talent on the catwalk at this edition: L'Oréal Paris Award for Best Collection and L'Oréal Paris Award for Best Model; Allianz EGO Confidence in Fashion Award, presented to the best proposal presented in the Allianz EGO Showroom. And finally, Mercedes-Benz will recognise the best designer of Sunday with its Mercedes-Benz Fashion Talent Award.
- MBFWMadrid is celebrating its 39th anniversary with the support of twenty-five official sponsors. Mercedes-Benz, L’Oréal Paris and Inditex are the main sponsors. Likewise, Allianz, Iberia, Multiópticas, Galería Canalejas, Four Seasons Hotel Madrid and GHD will participate as sponsors, and Dorsia Clínicas, AEG, the Community of Madrid, Italian Fashion School POLIMODA, Mar de Frades, Martin Miller’s Gin, Málaga de Moda and the corporate identity of the Provincial Council of Malaga, University of Design and Technology (UDIT), the Council of Castile and Leon, Rowenta, Schweppes Selection as collaborators and Solán de Cabras as the official water. Kellogg’s and ESDEN; Business School will also participate in the Cibelespacio.