The Reefer terminal in Port of Sete located in the South of France provides a flexible client oriented service in handling & storage of various goods with unbroken cold chain requirements in : · bananas, · various fruit & vegetables, · chilled & frozen food
With its skilled and experienced team, the terminal is performing a rapid, reliable and high
quality service 24/7/365 which is ensuring priority in delivery of arrived reefer containers and pallets.
The Port of Sete has the status of a Border Inspection Post (BIP) for goods bound to the
EU. Most of the goods are customs cleared prior delivery to final receivers throughout
Europe. Customs formalities and inspection controls are effectively organised within the terminal to allow smooth and fast deliveries of arrived goods.
The port of Sete has excellent road and rail connections with the hinterland market, excellent cooperation with the port community and continuous improvements of regular maritime lines with many oversea markets. The Reefer terminal offers cold storage warehouses, deep freezing cells and ripening cells for bananas & other fruit with IT controlled temperature.
The reefer terminal offers :
- a 15,000 m² temperature-controlled, dockside warehouse comprising three storage and preservation cells a total storage capacity of 10,000 pallets for repackaging and order preparation, including 5,500 in 10 cold rooms
- 9 cold rooms (from -2 to +14°C) adapted to ensure the continuity of the cold chain
- 1 cold room (-25°C) suitable for storing frozen products
- 16 loading doors for lorries
- 21 doors for unloading reefer containers
- 40 reefer plugs
- a 450m quay with a 12m draught
- two container gantry cranes, one of which is overpanamax
- a rail connection alongside the quay
- a handling capacity of 200,000 pallets/year and 20,000 TEUs.