Fruit Attraction, organised by IFEMA MADRID and FEPEX and held from 3rd to 5th October, will once again host the Innovation Hub Awards, which recognises and highlights the R&D&I efforts of the industry as a whole, and of each company in particular.
On this occasion, a total of 15 products have been chosen as finalists, out of 54 participants, and will have the opportunity to defend their candidacy before the jury of the Innovation Hub Awards on Thursday 5th October, starting at 12.00 p.m. in the Fruit Next 7-9 (located at the nexus of halls 7 and 9) of the fair.
After their defence and the jury's deliberation, the winner in each category - Fresh Produce; F&V Industry and Sustainability and Commitment Actions - will be chosen, and the prize-giving ceremony will take place, with a cash prize of 2,000 euros for each winner.
Information on the 54 nominated products and services will be available at Fruit Attraction's Innovation Hub space, located in the centre of halls 8-10.
The finalists of this year's Fruit Produce category are:
- AXARFRUIT - AvoCheese
- FLORETTE IBERICA ALIMENTARIA - Complete Chicken & Egg Salad
- FRUBAÇA - CUP - Smoothie Bowls made from live cultures
- SURINVER - Range of traditional vegan dishes
- XEXPRIMIR - Fresh soups Julia
The finalists of the F&V Industry are:
- GREEN HAS IBERIA - Eranthis
- HECTRE - Spectre for Cherries
- INNOFLOWER - New packaging for edible flowers
- FMC ARICULTURAL SOLUTION - Verimark
- SANIFRUIT - SaniTomato
The finalists in the Sustainability and Engagement Actions category are:
- AKO GROUP - Shelf life indicators for food preservation
- CAPEC - Closed circuit for reuse and recycling of fruit and vegetable plastic boxes
- CKF - Earthcycle Blueberry Top Seal Punnet
- ONETHIRD - Real-time prediction of product shelf life to prevent food waste
- VERTIGO TECHNOLOGIES - Fresco Microwave Sensing