What is Foro de las ciudades?
The Cities Forum is a meeting point for the exchange of ideas, projects and visions on the way forward for cities to become more liveable, sustainable, inclusive, participatory and resilient. Its main objective is to provide a networking space both for cities that have already begun this transition and for dozens of organisations working with local governments to make their proposals for change possible.
Ifema Madrid Cities Forum works with an Advisory Committee and a wide group of collaborating entities to collectively build the most complete programme possible in each of its editions. It also has the special collaboration of the Madrid City Council.
After three editions in Spain (2014, 2016 and 2018) and two in Medellín, Colombia (2019 and 2020), the Cities Forum will hold its fourth edition in Madrid from 8 June to 10 June 2021.
Foro de las ciudades has in its Advisory Committee important institutions, networks of cities, both Spanish and Latin American, and professional associations linked to urban management. Thanks to its advice and commitment, the Forum gathers in each of its editions ideas, good practices, sensitivities and trends of interest for local entities and their daily work.
- AEAS - Asociación Española de Abastecimientos de Agua y Saneamiento
- AEPJP -Asociación Española de Parques y Jardines Públicos
- AFAMOUR - Asociación Española de Fabricantes de Equipamiento Urbano y Parques Infantiles
- ANEPMA - Asociación Nacional de Empresas Públicas de Medio Ambiente
- AMI - Asociación de Empresas de Mantenimiento Integral y Servicios Energéticos
- ASEJA– Asociación Española de Empresas de Parques y Jardines
- ASELIP– Asociación de Empresas de Limpieza Pública y Cuidado del Medio Ambiente Urbano
- ATEGRUS - Asociación Técnica para la Gestión de Residuos y Medio Ambiente
- ATUC - Asociación de Empresas Gestoras de los Transportes Urbanos Colectivos
- CGLU - Ciudades y Gobiernos Locales Unidos
- COAM - Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Madrid
- COIT - Colegio Oficial Ingenieros de Telecomunicación
- FEMP – Federación Española de Municipios y Provincias
- FER - Federación Española de la Recuperación y el Reciclaje
- ICLEI Europa Gobiernos Locales por la Sostenibilidad
- ONU Habitat
- RECI - Red Española de Ciudades Inteligentes
- UCCI – Unión de Ciudades Capitales Iberoamericanas
More than 35 organizations are getting involved in the design of the second edition of the Cities Forum. We have a list of collaborators that cover all aspects of the design and management of our cities. They accompany us in defining the themes of the program, in its dissemination and in a process of co-organization of presentations, discussion sessions and round tables.
- ASA - Asociación Sostenibilidad y Arquitectura
- CIDEU - Centro Iberoamericano de Desarrollo Estratégico Urbano
- DCN (DISTRITO CASTELLANA NORTE)
- FUNDACIÓN ECONOMÍA CIRCULAR
- GIAU UPM
- GRUPO TRANSITANDO (UAM)
- ITD UPM
- KALEIDOS RED
- OBSERVATORIO 2023
- PAISAJE TRANSVERSAL
- RED CIUDADES POR LA BICICLETA
- RED DE CIUDADES QUE CAMINAN
Why visit Foro de las Ciudades?
The Foro de las Ciudades Madrid IFEMA is the perfect complement to several of the fairs and shows that take place simultaneously in the context of FSMS, as they share the debate on urban management, looking after green spaces, and new ways of managing waste from a circular economy perspective.
Thanks to the cross-cutting vision of FSMS, in terms of visions and topics, the IFEMA Madrid Cities Forum connects with the products and services of the exhibitors at the 19th edition of TECMA, the Feria Internacional del Urbanismo y del Medio Ambiente (International Town Planning and Environment Fair), and the 6th edition of Feria Internacional de la Recuperación y el Reciclado, SRR.
All these calls offer the visitor sufficient incentives such as:
- Find out, from experts and dozens of organisations, the keys to the debate about the future management of our cities.
- Make contact with representatives from more than 200 municipalities, both Spanish and international, visiting or participating in any of the events.
- Participate in a space to exhibit and get to know new products and services related to the management of cities, the cleaning of public spaces, green areas, waste, recycling, circular economy, etc.
- Take advantage of meetings, forums and fairs to strengthen and expand business relationships and professional contacts.
- Access first hand the products and services of the INNOVATION GALLERY that IFEMA Feria de Madrid is preparing in collaboration with the exhibiting companies and participating organisations.