Winter Trends and Looks 2020
With the arrival of winter, new trends also appear and with them the best 2020 winter looks. Every year the fashion industry reinvents and surprises itself, innovating with new designs and structures but, as has been happening in recent seasons, also giving a second chance to garments from the 70s, 80s and 90s that seemed forgotten. Spanish fashion is not left behind, standing out season after season, standing out on every catwalk and setting trends.
The best trends on the catwalk
The fashion shows are the best place to find the trends of autumn-winter 2020, some of them are:
- Shoulder pads: one of the trends that stand out the most in autumn-winter 2020 looks, recovering the fashion of the 80s. They can be found in all kinds of garments, from puffed-up sweaters to a blazer as a dress. No brand has forgotten them, as is the case of the designer Dominnico, winner of the "Mercedes-Benz Fashion Talent" award with his "Harajuku Kids" collection. This designer from Alicante has not been able to avoid adding shoulder pads to his designs, as could be seen at the Primavera Sound festival where he dressed the singer Rosalía in one of his designs, a holographic jacquard with shoulder pads and leggings.
- Chain belts: another trend that is recovering from the 80s. An accessory that is increasingly seen on catwalks and in street style. Especially combined with the previous trend, a blazer as a dress with shoulder pads and a chain belt.
- Puffed sleeves: they do not stay behind and can also be worn on all types of clothing. They can be found in mini-dresses, like the celebrity Katy Perry who wore a Maria Escoté for her videoclip Small Talk. This garment can be found mainly in sweaters, which combined with jeans, you get the perfect look.
- Sequins: a classic that always comes back, but this time not only for night looks, the glitter is also worn during the day. In the last edition of the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week held in Madrid at Ifema, you can see how designers like The 2nd Skin Co. went ahead and added sequins to their suits and dresses. Although they were not the only ones, Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada also anticipated with their colorful garments which do not lack any kind of shine.
- Skin effect: a trend that seems never to go away. They can be found especially in trousers and skirts that can be combined to achieve any style, from the most ladylike to the most grungy eighties. The leather effect can be found in all kinds of clothes, from the simplest ones like black or brown to even a barbie pink.
- Coveralls: they are still fashionable, a very simple and comfortable way to go to the latest fashion without having to think too much about what to wear. A garment that by combining it with another trend, that of maxi earrings, can give the necessary touch so that the simplest look becomes the most desired outfit.
- Checked print: jackets, coats and even skirts with the best preppy style print. Tartan comes back in all colors, although it is not the only check pattern you can find on the catwalks. Grey or Prince of Wales checks are also back. It can be found mostly on coats.
- Flowers are no longer a matter of spring and summer and are becoming more common this winter, although with more neutral and darker colours. In long and bohemian dresses always combined with a high boot.
The best 2020 winter looks can be found at fashion weeks, where art and inspiration shine on every runway. At the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week to be held in January in Ifema (Madrid), winter fashion trends will be presented by the best Spanish designers.