The main challenges and future of a more sustainable and efficient intermodal transport and logistics services.
Global population and economic growth are accelerating the transformation of supply chains, global demand for consumer goods driven by e-commerce expansion and accessible travel.
In this chapter, we will take a closer look at intermodal modes of Public transportation, Aerospace, Maritime, and Rail – terrestrial transport to better understand the specifics of the transformation process as they are at different stages of their development (autonomous & connected vehicles, drones, hyperloop, urban space, etc.). We will try to to understand the fundamental role of new energies, the development of digital-automated systems (ITS), and the commitments and speed on Public-Private investments in intermodal infrastructures.
Intermodal | Multimodal | Supply Chain | Logistics | Last Mile | Air Transport | Maritime Transport | Aerospace Transport | Rail Transport | Public Transport | Freight | Buses | Trucks | Drones | Travel | Urban Space | Infrastructures | Renewable Energy - E-Commerce | Transition | Efficiency | Zero Emissions | Sustainability | Saf | Vlsfo | Digital – Automated Systems | Single European Sky
- Public sector as the main driver to foster investments in the development of new and efficient transport infrastructures. Public – Private investments and financing commitments.
- The role of technology, ITS, automation and data in the implementation of global intermodal transport and logistic networks.
- Energy transition and new energy developments by transport mode. Are R&D+i, investments, infrastructures and regulation following the same path and speed?
- Maritime transportation: Benefits and challenges on sustainability, efficient operations and global increasing activity: Digitalisation/ VLSFO /ETS SZEF
- The future of aero-spatial industry. Main challenges SAF harmonisation and penetration, mass-tourism, digitalisation, multimodal integration, Single European sky. Urban space vehicles. Drones
- Railway transportation: Rail is greener: how to gain mix of transportation. Data Quality & Analytics, ETA’s, Digitalization for efficient operations. multimodal solutions for citizens.
- Last mile delivery at the heart of the sustainable mobility challenges: regulation, new autonomous vehicles, ZBE, consumer consciousness, city hubs.
- Resilient supply chains in a riskier geopolitical environment. Globalisation, international regulations vs increasing movement activity.
Leading the discourse
8 itineraries to content leadership, challenges and solutions of sustainable mobility will be led.