4th COFAPA AWARDS 2017
Nine other entities were acknowledged by COFAPA for their exemplary work in the field of education and social work
AULA IFEMA received the award from Ángel de Miguel Casas, President of the State School Council, of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport
· The COFAPA 2017 winners are: AULA – IFEMA, the Julio Verne Secondary School, Apa C. Pinoalbar, the EFE Agency, Cooperación Internacional Ong, the Garrigou Foundation, the Europa Press Agency, the Education Council of Castile and Leon, Bertelsmann Foundation, the Department of Education of the Basque Government
· The Representative for Education of the Community of Madrid, the President of the State School Council, and the President of the State School Council handed out three of the awards
Yesterday, the Confederation of Parents of Students (COFAPA) held the 4th Edition of the COFAPA awards. The ceremony took place at the Rafael del Pino Auditorium, in Madrid. Chaired by Begoña Ladrón de Guevara, President of COFAPA, journalist Sonsoles Calavera acted as master of ceremonies at an event which recognised, among others, AULA, International Education Opportunities Exhibition, by IFEMA, represented by its manager, Lola Gonzalez.
At Feria de Madrid, from 28 February to 3 March 2018, AULA will be held jointly with the International Higher Education and Ongoing Training Fair; the International Educational Equipment and Teaching Resources Show, INTERDIDAC and the RED-Resources for Education Congress; the new SCHOOLS DAY, a day for meetings between families and schools, and the International Congress and Professional Trade Fair, EXPOLEARNING, as part of EDUCATION WEEK, organised by IFEMA and sponsored by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports.
With these awards, COFAFA gives public recognition to organisations that have done exceptional work to improve education from different areas of our society. The winners of the COFAPA 2017 awards are: AULA – IFEMA, the Julio Verne Secondary School, Apa C. Pinoalbar, the EFE Agency, Cooperación Internacional Ong, the Garrigou Foundation, the Europa Press Agency, the Education Council of Castile and Leon, Bertelsmann Foundation, the Department of Education of the Basque Government.
Among the personalities charged with presenting the awards, were the Minister of Education of the Community of Madrid, who closed the ceremony, the President of the State School Council and that of the Community of Madrid, the Directorate General for the Family and the Minor of the Community of Madrid, the President of CECE, the President of Concapa, and the Secretary General of Catholic Schools, among others.
The AULA IFEMA award underscores that this is the most important event for the Spain’s educational community. It is the most important event about Education in Spain, and has been offering students, parents and teachers a complete, panoramic view of education for 25 years. The President of the State School Council, Ángel de Miguel, handed the award to the Director of AULA and EDUCATION WEEK, Lola González
The other winners were:
- INSTITUTO JULIO VERNE, because it has created a culture of its own, based on projects involving teachers and students, and also parents.
- AMPA DEL COLEGIO PINOALBAR of Valladolid, for its charitable project: “Family Mission. The sum of all”.
- EFE Agency, for its commitment to education, particularly with the initiative "EFE School",
- COOPERACIÓN INTERNACIONAL ONG, for the projects it carries out in 30 countries, involving more than 6,000 youngsters.
- GARRIGOU FOUNDATION, for its work to provide young people with high quality education, as well as for the great support given to families through the School for Parents,
- AGENCIA EUROPA PRESS, for its special interest in the educational scene and the 10th anniversary of the “Europa Press Social” department
- EDUCATION COUNCIL OF CASTILE AND LEON, for persisting with its commitment to improve of education and to significantly involve the educational community, which has resulted in excellent academic results.
- BERTELSMANN FOUNDATION by the organisation's work to achieve greater cooperation between the job market and educational institutions in the framework of the FP Dual.
- DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION OF THE BASQUE REGIONAL GOVERNMENT for its commitment to families, which is reflected in measures that facilitate the role of parents in the education of their children, and promotion of the work-life balance.
COFAPA is a state confederation comprising 13 regional federations, which represents the parents of more than 900,000 students at social initiative centres. Its main initiatives include the Dialogues of Education, a quarterly forum for discussion and reflection that gathers major players from the world of education that has taken place 22 times; and study days, as "Social support for the Teaching Profession" (2008) or "Conciliation, a priority for education" (2011).
COFAPA is on the Committee of Experts of Education Week, an advisory body for IFEMA that helps to design the meeting, to offer advice, proposals and meeting spaces, to the educational community each year.