PUERICULTURA MADRID

Cabecera interior

PUERICULTURA MADRID

Puericultura Madrid is the International Professional Fair of Products for Children. In its seventh and last edition held at IFEMA Feria de Madrid, in 2018, the main objective was to make this fair, once again, the great event of the sector in the Iberian Peninsula, where the great brands would meet - also the new ones - and where the specialized trade, especially the multi-brand one, would be shown the rich and varied offer of the most outstanding products of the sector. Safety, innovation, trends and fashion were the keys to the new products presented by the brands in the 2018 edition.
 
The International Children's Products Trade Show took place from 6 to 8 September 2018 at IFEMA and both buyers from Spain and Portugal were able to see the new products of the brands exhibited at the show, thus anticipating the launches in the rest of the European trade show circuit.

WIDE RANGE OF ACTIVITIES

One of the main activities of the fair was the Children's Safety Showroom, developed within the framework of Safety Day, celebrated on the 7th. There were round tables, debates and demonstrations of products from major brands. There were round tables, debates and demonstrations of products by major brands. In addition, the novelties were brought to the specialized trade and society was informed of the need to demand appropriate products that ensure the safety and welfare of the baby. The main objective was to make stores aware of the importance of safety in all items for babies and help them to value it in their relationship with the end customer.

Also, the Innoshow Space was developed, a distinctive feature of those innovative products presented by the exhibiting companies in the field of innovation. A space was also set aside for the Galería Productos Estrella, which brought together a careful selection of products, the most emblematic and/or representative of the participating brands. In addition, experts in business development, skills and customer acquisition capacity offered training workshops, based on a dynamic and participatory model. Finally, the Buyer's Club + PAC (Buyer's Service Point) took place, an area of attention for registered buyers that managed more than 1,000 invitations from qualified professionals.

LEADING FIRMS

The seventh edition of Puericultura Madrid held at IFEMA was attended by 65 exhibiting companies, which made the most of the show to do business and showcase their new collections. Among the firms that participated in the show were names such as Jané, Chicco, Bébécar, Asalvo, Bebé Due, Concord, Micuna, Miniland, Mutsy, Saro, Tuc Tuc, Be Cool, Tutete, Nici, Shom, Uzturre U-Babies, among others.

In terms of the visitor's qualifications, 79% were buyers from the sector, while 3.4% were prescribers of products and establishments equipped with childcare products (pediatricians or doctors' offices) and 1.4% were designers or decorators.

 For their part, manufacturers and/or importers accounted for 7% of visits. In addition, a significant 8% of professionals were interested in toys and 3.8% showed special interest in products presented by emerging companies, as well as products presented in the Star Products Gallery and Innoshow.

VISITORS FROM ALL OVER SPAIN AND ABROAD

With regard to the origin of the visitors, Madrid accounted for 25% of the national professionals who attended the show, with the remaining 75% divided among all the autonomous communities. Andalucía (17.5%) was the leading region, followed by Comunidad Valenciana (14%), Cataluña (8.5%), Castilla-La Mancha (7.3%), Región de Murcia (5.4%), Galicia (4.7%), Extremadura (3%), Castilla y León (2.6%) and País Vasco (2.2), among others.

In turn, foreign visitors accounted for 8% of the total, and came from 24 countries. Of these, 44% were from Portugal and 22% from Italy, with the remaining figure being distributed among countries such as Andorra, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Honduras, India, Ireland, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Poland, Russia, Tunisia, Ukraine, the United Kingdom and the United States.