The competition for Best Master Artisan Pastry Chef of Spain (MMAPE) will take place on the 23 and 24 of February during INTERSICOP 2019.
The Spanish Confederation of Artisan Bakery Entrepreneurs (Confederación Española de Empresarios Artesanos de Pastelería CEEAP) has announced the names of the thirteen pastry chefs who have submitted their application to the championship as Best Master Artisan Pastry Chef of Spain, MMAPE 2019. The renewed competition will take place on the 23 and 24 of February during Intersicop 2019, the International Bakery, Pastry, Ice Cream and Coffee Show organised by IFEMA from 23 to 26 February 2019 at Feria de Madrid, which will again be the meeting point for suppliers and professionals, manufacturers and distributors, students and colleges, pastry chefs, bakers, ice cream makers and other groups linked to these sectors in Spain.
The contenders for MMAPE will have 19 hours to prepare, on site, an artistic sugar or chocolate piece, a chocolate and fruit cake, a travel cake, a custard mille-feuille, a hand-moulded chocolate and a hand-dipped chocolate.
The candidates to Best Master Artisan Pastry Chef of Spain are:
• Alberto Barrero (EPGB, Barcelona)
• Alberto Izquierdo (Madrid)
• Daniel Sarabia (Pastelería Marquesa de Pinares, Mérida)
• David Cristóbal (Pastelería Cercadillo, Madrid)
• Jesús Javier Quirós (Pastelería Heladería La Rosa, Alcázar de San Juan, Ciudad Real)
• Juan Andrés Martín (Manacor, Madrid)
• Justo Almendrote (Grupo Adolfo Muñoz, Toledo)
• Maria Selyanina (Le Sucré Coeur BCN, Barcelona)
• Marcos Fuentes (Busquet e Hijos, Cabo de Palos, Murcia)
• Pedro José Bas (Le Bec-Fin, Madrid)
• Ruth Gou (Basque Culinary Center, Donostia-San Sebastián)
• Sergio Márquez (L'Ampolla, Tarragona)
• Xavier Torne (Adare Manor, Irlanda)
Further information on the contenders can be found at www.pasteleria.com